50 years of rugby at Beacon Park
It was during this period, 1920-1931 that a further seven players were capped. Off the pitch, the Vice Presidents Club was established in 1919 just a year before the formation of the Supporters Club in 1920. In season 1927-28, the Supporters Club Stand was opened at a cost of £283. In the same season the Plymouth Albion Juniors came into existence.
Great service was given to Devon County side, with 48 players representing the county. The fixture list continued to improve and, by the outbreak of World War II, Plymouth Albion were playing clubs such as Moseley, Cardiff, Cross Keys and Leicester.
Returning rugby to Beacon Park after the War was done with energy and dedication, and the club continued to advance, playing on average 40 fixtures a season against the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, Leicester and Bedford. During this decade more new fixtures were established with the club playing Sheffield for the first time in 1952, and Esher in 1953-54.
The 1960’s saw ten players selected for the Bosuns XV, a tour of France, an inviation to play in the Middlesex Sevens Tournament at Twickenham and the celebration of 50 years of rugby at Beacon Park.